Purple Golden handwoven Banarasi Jamewar Silk Saree
Opulent, vibrant yet elegant, Banarsi Kanjivaram sarees in Jamewar technique came into practice in Banaras only in the 19th century. This saree sets apart by its shimmering and intricate beauty which is not only a delight to look at but a pleasure to wear and feel due to its smoothness. This technique of hand weaving often involves two weavers working on one saree that may take up to 7 weeks to complete, depending on the complexity of the design. The resulting fabric has no loose ends on the back of the fabric, thus not requiring any cutwork in the back. These sarees are a trousseau and wedding favorites and are often handed down the generations as heirloom.
Color: A stunning shade of Purple
- Fabric: Pure Banarasi Silk
- Blouse Fabric: Pure Banarasi Silk
- Saree Length: 5.50 meter
Blouse Piece: Yes, the saree comes with a running blouse piece of 0.8 meters as shown in the image
Wash Care: Dry Wash
Disclaimer: The pictures are clicked in daylight. Color may vary slightly from the image due to the screen brightness.
Maintenance of Saree:
1. Always dry clean your beautiful saree. Silk is a delicate fabric and therefore it needs a skilled hand to wash it and dry cleaning is the best way to handle your fabric.
2. If you want to wash the saree at home, use cold water and shampoo, as detergents and brushes harm the beautiful saree.
3. Wash the sari, the pallu, and the border of your sari separately to avoid damage to your gorgeous saree.